Quality and reliability
1. Sagitta steel, Unique heat treatment!
World-renowned Sagitta steel offers an unrivalled balance of “hardness”, “abrasion resistance” and “toughness”.
Sagitta’s complex blend of alloying elements, and a specialized hardening process, result in consistent material characteristics throughout – through-hardened to the core! Greater durability and greater life!
1. Significantly Longer Bucket Lip Life (480~520HB vs 250~400HB typical for most conventional Lips)
2. Longer lifetime of teeth, wear plates and front protectors than typical castings
3. Stronger Bucket (toughness & tensile strength)
4. Far Less Maintenance & Downtime
5. Little or no Lip Protection Required
6. Almost Zero Welding Maintenance
7. Truly “Smooth Floor” Design Inside (Optimal Penetration & Productivity).
8. External “smooth floor design” possible for Loaders and LHDs to optimize operating surface and protect tyres.
9. Superior Reliability
10. Almost no risk of breakage and loss
2. Design based on advanced material technology
KVX products are rolled, forged or cast. The technology is chosen to optimize performance of each individual product. They last longer than “equivalent” competitive products in almost all conditions.
Furthermore, KVX’s “flat” GET components are re-used as wear & impact liners elsewhere when worn, saving you money on alternative wear products and dramatically improving “site usable steel %” versus conventional systems with typically 50% “throw-away”
Steel Quality (Brinell) vs Wear Life (%)
Curve shape changes depending on materials being excavated and is based on “average” hardness of steel.